Fancy making a beautiful macrame Christmas wreath from sustainably grown plants and recycled cotton cords? Want to try three of the South West’s finest English wines as you craft, to make the experience even more divine?
Come and join Winnie & Threads for a fun, crafty afternoon. Beginners in addition to more advanced macrame makers and flower arrangers are welcome. Your host will guide you through the processes step-by-step, or if you’re feeling spontaneous, encourage you to let your creativity roam free!
Once you arrive either gather your thoughts, chat with your neighbour, or browse Winne & Threads books and magazines for macrame inspiration. Here’s how the afternoon will pan out:
- Wine #1: Limeburn Hill Vineyard (Dundry, Bristol)
- Enjoy this wine while learning some simple knots, macrame techniques & flower arranging skills
- Design your wreath (or choose one of your host’s existing designs to make your own)
- Wine #2: Dunleavy Vineyard (Yeo Valley, Somerset)
- Knot your knots – for this tasting you’ll be diving deeper into the world of macrame as you start adding all the whistles and bells to your wreath
- Add your flowers, pom poms, tassels, dried fruit and any other flourishes your heart desires!
- Wine #3: Narnia’s Vineyard (Montpelier, Bristol)
- Three is the magic number, so this wine will coincide with your finished piece…
- Wrap up your knots, flounce out your foliage and brush those cords – get ready to take your beautiful wreath home!
Everything from the delicious local wines to the stunning flowers, your wreath making hoops and all decorations are included in this wholesome experience.