Brandon Hill nature reserve is over 30 years old! Avon Wildlife Trust were a pioneering organisation in the urban conservation movement and in 1980, the Trust partnered with Bristol City Council to transform five acres of urban parkland on Brandon Hill into a haven for wildlife - Brandon Hill nature reserve was born.
At the summit is the Cabot Tower, opened in 1897 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the voyage by John Cabot from Bristol to Newfoundland in 1497.
The park is steep and is divided into informal gardens, a small nature reserve and open grassland. The two-hectare nature reserve has been run since 1980 by the Avon Wildlife Trust who have their headquarters beside the park.
For more detail, Click Here..